What would be the one thing you would want to contribute to the world, and why?
There are many things one can contribute to the world. Some choose to contribute their knowledge, while some choose to contribute their fortune, and others, well, choose to contribute carbon dioxide and fertilisers to the world. Either way, we all contribute to the world, one way or another.
Well, for me, the one thing I would want to contribute to the world are my influences. I have always wanted to be one of those influencial people that we always read about. People who pass on their knowledge to generation after generation.
Kind of like John F. Kennedy (ex-president of the United States, in case anyone doesn't know), well, except for the fact that he got assasinated. I read up about him a lot recently, and I realise that his speeches and phrases have a very powerful effect on me.
Well, obvously, as the president, he didn't have to write them. He probably paid someone else to do it, but he was a very powerful commuicator, and every word he said was convincing. My all time favourite and probably the most famous qoute of his was
'Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country'.
I have a lot of respect for influencial people, people who pass their knowledge on for hundreds of years. Even though JFK is long dead, he has influenced almost the entire 1960 population of the people in the United States.
Well, don't get me wrong, I am not some big fan of Singapore, but I feel that this phrase has a lot to meaning to it. You don't have to use it as something you can do for your country, but something you can do for the people around you. Like, don't always ask what people can do for you, but what you can do for the people around you.
When was the last time you did something that was geniuenly for the sake of kindness and not getting anything out of it? Mine was a long long time ago. I have become a very selfish person lately, and I take the people around me for granted. Only until very recently, I realised how bad I have become. My friends, even though they are only a handful, they are people that I am most thankful for. They always make me want to better myself and help me when I'm down. I have not repaid a single one of them, but I hope that being there for them, in turn, is good enough.
We can all contribute good things to the world, and everything starts somewhere. So why not today?
Well, for me, the one thing I would want to contribute to the world are my influences. I have always wanted to be one of those influencial people that we always read about. People who pass on their knowledge to generation after generation.
Kind of like John F. Kennedy (ex-president of the United States, in case anyone doesn't know), well, except for the fact that he got assasinated. I read up about him a lot recently, and I realise that his speeches and phrases have a very powerful effect on me.
Well, obvously, as the president, he didn't have to write them. He probably paid someone else to do it, but he was a very powerful commuicator, and every word he said was convincing. My all time favourite and probably the most famous qoute of his was
'Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country'.
I have a lot of respect for influencial people, people who pass their knowledge on for hundreds of years. Even though JFK is long dead, he has influenced almost the entire 1960 population of the people in the United States.
Well, don't get me wrong, I am not some big fan of Singapore, but I feel that this phrase has a lot to meaning to it. You don't have to use it as something you can do for your country, but something you can do for the people around you. Like, don't always ask what people can do for you, but what you can do for the people around you.
When was the last time you did something that was geniuenly for the sake of kindness and not getting anything out of it? Mine was a long long time ago. I have become a very selfish person lately, and I take the people around me for granted. Only until very recently, I realised how bad I have become. My friends, even though they are only a handful, they are people that I am most thankful for. They always make me want to better myself and help me when I'm down. I have not repaid a single one of them, but I hope that being there for them, in turn, is good enough.
We can all contribute good things to the world, and everything starts somewhere. So why not today?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home