Commitment
Commitment- some people seek it, others fear it. You might be surprised just how commttment is essential in our every day life...
I guess I fall under the category of people who seek commitment. To me, commitment means many things... Basically commitment requires trust, honesty, faithfulness, responsiblity, its all about empathy, about sacrifices and understanding when its hard. The word commitment comes from the word 'commit', which basically means being emotionally bound to another person or a thing.
Every relationship requires commitment- be it friendship or even marriage. You have to be committed in order for something to work out. Without commitment, the entire relationship would come crashing down. This, however, is a very general statement. I do not want to go into depth because my situation or thinking would not coincide with others. So I guess it is up to you to really think about it..
However, commitment does not neccessarily have to be about relationships. Take for example doing homework. It is a duty that all of us have to do- as students. We have to have commitment to do homework. If we lack commitment, we will not get it done and in turn get under-expectation grades.
I wonder why some people have fear of commitment. Come to think of it, is it really such a bad thing after all? Or is it just greed?
Every one needs to have commitment is life. Without commitment, nothing can be accomplished.
Commitment. Seek or fear it? I choose the former.
"Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans. "
-Peter F. Drucker
I guess I fall under the category of people who seek commitment. To me, commitment means many things... Basically commitment requires trust, honesty, faithfulness, responsiblity, its all about empathy, about sacrifices and understanding when its hard. The word commitment comes from the word 'commit', which basically means being emotionally bound to another person or a thing.
Every relationship requires commitment- be it friendship or even marriage. You have to be committed in order for something to work out. Without commitment, the entire relationship would come crashing down. This, however, is a very general statement. I do not want to go into depth because my situation or thinking would not coincide with others. So I guess it is up to you to really think about it..
However, commitment does not neccessarily have to be about relationships. Take for example doing homework. It is a duty that all of us have to do- as students. We have to have commitment to do homework. If we lack commitment, we will not get it done and in turn get under-expectation grades.
I wonder why some people have fear of commitment. Come to think of it, is it really such a bad thing after all? Or is it just greed?
Every one needs to have commitment is life. Without commitment, nothing can be accomplished.
Commitment. Seek or fear it? I choose the former.
"Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans. "
-Peter F. Drucker

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home