Through glass
I was on a platform. A cliff.
I looked down and saw big flames like waves, almost as if it was eroding the cliff trying to swallow everything that got in its way.
Was I scared?
Nah.
I squatted on the edge of the cliff making sure I held on tightly, but I couldn't feel the heat.
I listened, but couldn't hear the flames.
Wow. Am I really that high up?
I looked behind. It was filled with brilliant green grass and.... I can't explain it. It was just beauty. Beauty. Amongst the green grass sat a small girl.
I hate children.
She was calling me, calling me to come.
This was my comfort zone. This place not beyond the cliff.
I edged closer to the cliff and looked down, still holding on. But the fire was gone. It was replaced with real waves instead. The sea was blue. And it looked peaceful.
Maybe it isn't so bad afterall.
I heard his voice again.
"The hardest part is letting go."
I lifted my hands and allowed the waves to take me...
I looked down and saw big flames like waves, almost as if it was eroding the cliff trying to swallow everything that got in its way.
Was I scared?
Nah.
I squatted on the edge of the cliff making sure I held on tightly, but I couldn't feel the heat.
I listened, but couldn't hear the flames.
Wow. Am I really that high up?
I looked behind. It was filled with brilliant green grass and.... I can't explain it. It was just beauty. Beauty. Amongst the green grass sat a small girl.
I hate children.
She was calling me, calling me to come.
This was my comfort zone. This place not beyond the cliff.
I edged closer to the cliff and looked down, still holding on. But the fire was gone. It was replaced with real waves instead. The sea was blue. And it looked peaceful.
Maybe it isn't so bad afterall.
I heard his voice again.
"The hardest part is letting go."
I lifted my hands and allowed the waves to take me...

2 Comments:
What a beautiful disaster.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home