No right, no wrong
So I think I have finally hit the point in my life where I should start asking myself what I want to do from here. I think that I have been pretty independent my whole life.. In terms of decision makings that is. Since I was small I made my own decisions to do what I want, when I want to. My parents brought me up that way. They always let me choose what I want to do. I was never forced to do anything. It wasn't that I was spoilt. It was more like they treated me like an adult. But that meant that I had to face consequences as an adult as well.
Well the consequences has finally backfired and I find myself regretting many paths I chose to take. Now as the days mount I feel the weights on my shoulders getting heavier. Every day is a day closer to the 'O' level examinations. I'll be honest. I feel like crap. I can't seem to be able to finish the syllabus of all my subjects. There just isn't enough time. I keep asking myself: What have I been doing the whole of Sec 3? Fuck man. I really feel like I wasted my time with Thomas. I get angry at myself everytime I think about how I seem to have wasted so much effort on something that didn't work out. Everything has now become should have. I should have done this, should have done that. Well news flash... I haven't done shit. I should have done it but I haven't. Regret has finally sunk in after 9 years of education. I guess now the question has inevitably become: How much badly do you want this? How much badly do you want to do well and make it?
Today for the first time in my life i considered dropping A math. I feel like I can't cope anymore. So much to do, not enough time. I have other subjects that I can barely scrape past with, much less A math. All I know is that I have given up all hopes of getting into a JC.
Only very recently I have been thinking about going to Australia like how my brother and sister did after their O levels. I always thought I would be the only one in the family who would do well, go to a good jc, prove my parents wrong and most importantly, make them proud. I have failed again. I never considered studying abroad because I always felt like I had a reason to stay. But ever since my life has been going downhill, I find myself unable to look for excuses to stay in Singapore. There is nothing left for me here. It would be so easy if I could take the easy way out and fly from this god-forsaken country. The only thing that is holding me back is Sam now. Just the thought of being away from him makes me sad but at the same time I have a choice to make. I keep wondering if I should screw Sam and chase my dreams, or if I should stay for him. Its scary.. Not knowing what your life would be one year from now. I will either be in some random poly or in Australia doing college.
I guess these are the consequences of not listening to your parents and making your own decisions.. I can feel it sinking into my head already....
Well the consequences has finally backfired and I find myself regretting many paths I chose to take. Now as the days mount I feel the weights on my shoulders getting heavier. Every day is a day closer to the 'O' level examinations. I'll be honest. I feel like crap. I can't seem to be able to finish the syllabus of all my subjects. There just isn't enough time. I keep asking myself: What have I been doing the whole of Sec 3? Fuck man. I really feel like I wasted my time with Thomas. I get angry at myself everytime I think about how I seem to have wasted so much effort on something that didn't work out. Everything has now become should have. I should have done this, should have done that. Well news flash... I haven't done shit. I should have done it but I haven't. Regret has finally sunk in after 9 years of education. I guess now the question has inevitably become: How much badly do you want this? How much badly do you want to do well and make it?
Today for the first time in my life i considered dropping A math. I feel like I can't cope anymore. So much to do, not enough time. I have other subjects that I can barely scrape past with, much less A math. All I know is that I have given up all hopes of getting into a JC.
Only very recently I have been thinking about going to Australia like how my brother and sister did after their O levels. I always thought I would be the only one in the family who would do well, go to a good jc, prove my parents wrong and most importantly, make them proud. I have failed again. I never considered studying abroad because I always felt like I had a reason to stay. But ever since my life has been going downhill, I find myself unable to look for excuses to stay in Singapore. There is nothing left for me here. It would be so easy if I could take the easy way out and fly from this god-forsaken country. The only thing that is holding me back is Sam now. Just the thought of being away from him makes me sad but at the same time I have a choice to make. I keep wondering if I should screw Sam and chase my dreams, or if I should stay for him. Its scary.. Not knowing what your life would be one year from now. I will either be in some random poly or in Australia doing college.
I guess these are the consequences of not listening to your parents and making your own decisions.. I can feel it sinking into my head already....

6 Comments:
the answer to your question is already in your question.You know what you must do.Its just whether you want to do it or not.Everyone has a choice to make,What'll be yours.
haha. relac can. just study first. get the results then think lar. o lvls fucking ez lars.
-bestie
some encouragement for your bestie la. haha. i think you should put your fate in what you believe in.life isnt all about passing exams, the real exam is where you go to after life
love and hate and also love you know who!
Aww sham.. I love you too.
wth! that was me la!
haha okay no it wasnt'-adam.
Don't look back on what you've done. All that matters is the now. Learn the from these lessons and rise strong. Make your choices and follow through with them and don't look back. Wallowing in self-pity will do no good to anyone.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home