Carpe Diem

- Seize the day in Latin

Name:
Location: Singapore

Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Boy Who Could Fly

If I could choose to have any superpower, I would choose to fly.

Unlike all the other horny fucks who would rather choose to be invisible so they can secretly sneak in and watch their moms take a shower, flying has always fascinated me. Imagine being able to lift your wings and fly somewhere high up and above the clouds where no one can reach you. When you look down you will be able to see the whole world too caught up with their silly lives to care. You could just fly... fly away...

Call me an idiot, but I love the book series 'Animorphs'. I have the entire collection at home and I sometimes still randomly pick out one and start reading it all over again.

'Animorphs' is a book about a bunch of teenagers who were given the ability to morph by an Andalite (alien) into whichever animal they liked to fight the evil forces of the Yeerks (...yes Aly, I know what you are thinking), an entire empire of grey slugs that flatten themselves into your ear and control your body. You become a slave inside your own mind. The Yeerk can access your thoughts and memories and you are just locked somewhere at the back of your head watching. The Yeerk will be speaking to your parents, friends, encouraging them to join the invasion against human beings. And your loved ones have no idea it isn't you who is talking, but some foreign alien.. and you cry and cry inside your own body, trying to call out and say it isn't you, but no one knows. Your body becomes your cage. You are a slave to yourself.
Oh God, can this sound any stupid.

My favourite character in 'Animorphs' is Tobias. He was a messed up kid who didn't have parents and most of the time he was being shuffled to and fro from his Aunt to his Uncle because neither wanted to take care of him. Morphing may sound like a pretty cool thing, and to hell it is. But if you were to exceed the 2-hour time limit in a certain morph, you will be stuck as that animal forever.
On their first mission, Tobias exceeded the 2-hour limit and had to remain in the body of a hawk for the rest of his life. He had to hunt, age, and live as a hawk.

But he was free.

He could fly high above the clouds at 200 miles per hour and forget everything else. He could leave everything behind him. He had vision and hearing far beyond perfect that it made humans seem blind and numb to the rest of the world. In a way, he traded his life for another. He left his life behind him and flew away.


Would I trade all this.. everything I have.. to fly?
Fuck you.. any day... any time..

1 Comments:

Blogger denise* said...

i used to read that series too!! haha.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home